|Module Thirteen -- Analogies - Rattlesnakes & Roses
Michalko explains that there are four kinds of analogies, all of which can assist synthesis and creative thought by "making the familiar strange." They all help to shift our perspectives.
- Personal - ". . . lose yourself in the object of the challenge."
- Direct - Pick a parallel world: How is teaching like farming? like surgery?
- Symbolic - Make use of images to stimulate thought.
- Fantasy - Imagine the best possible world.
Try this one . . .
- Questions are to a teacher as ________ are to a doctor.
You will find Rattlesnakes & Roses on pages 226-241 of Thinkertoys.
Please do not move to next module until instructed to do so by the facilitator.
© Jamie McKenzie, 2008, all rights reserved. No copies can be made or distributed in any format without the express written permission of the author.