National Education Guidelines
Key competency groups (skills and attitudes)
The Curriculum Stocktake Report recommends five sets of skills.
relating to others
belonging, participating, and contributing
making meaning from information.
Welcome to this hands-on workshop which is designed to give you experience conducting investigations with new information technologies.
- Learn the importance of three types of literacy: text literacy, numeracy and visual literacy and how new technologies might help strengthen student thinking.
- Learn how to focus classroom investigations around decisions and problems drawn from the community and the global neighborhood.
- Learn how to engage students in making their own meaning (constructivism) from the vast new information landscape which is made readily and rapidly available thanks to new technologies.
- Explore the possibilities of Engaged Learning with technology.
- Consider the best practices for professional development, assessment and planning related to information technologies.
- Explore these issues:
- How does the role of classroom teacher change in such a program?
- How do we provide structure?
- How do students cope with Info-Glut, Info-Garbage and Info-Tactics?
- How does information differ from Truth?
- How do students learn to recognize the difference?
Introduction - Beyond Technology Presentation
How do we use photographs, drawings, paintings, and other visual material as information rather than mere decoration or illustration?
How do we employ databases and statistics to understand the world around us?
How do we use electronic text and search engines to discover new meanings and what does it mean to be "well read" in this decade?
Module Four - The Slam Dunk Digital Lesson
This model has evolved from structured lessons that take 2-5 hours to build to a model that requires only 10-15 minutes. This new approach is called the "NoTime Slam Dunk Lesson." The first two links below show the original model. The third link will take you to the NoTime lessons.
All Rights Reserved